Best Tools for Web Automation
What are the best tools for Web automation?
Web automation is the concept of allowing software robots to perform actions, tasks, and processes in a web browser or web application. Hence, some of the best web automation tools are listed below which makes working much easier but before that, we need to learn some more things.
How to Build Web Automation?
Web-based activities and processes can be divided into three types of actions:
- Active web browsers
- Interaction with web objects, both vertical and dynamic
- Inserting/extracting data, text, and numbers
Ideally, this is the only thing you need to be able to start building automated processes that include websites and web applications.
What can you do with web automation?
Think of all the clicks and typing you do on your desk every day, including web-based websites and applications. All of these actions can be done with web automation. For examples these activities include:
- Completing forms and fields
- Deleting content from a web page
- Extract and transfer data between applications
- Clicking buttons and items
- Every day, in businesses of all sizes, there are situations where making such tasks easier.
- Import of contacts to the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system from a third-party service.
- Testing the information of user and order management of an online store
- Web Application Testing Tools can improve reliability. These tools cause a decrease in work time and increase ROI.
Tools for Web Automation
A variety of tools help in Web Automation. These tools can perform various web testing tasks from scanning needs to test management. For example, Lambda Test, TestComplete, Selenium etc. Some of advanced website testing tools with important features are explained as follow:
It has more than 30,000+ users a year. That’s why LambdaTest has become the most popular Cross Browser testing platform. Users can also perform automated web testing using its scalable, secure, and reliable grid-based Selenium based on a combination of real 2000+ browsers and browser versions to maximize your test installation. That is why it is one of the best tools for web automation.
- An online selenium grid for quick and automatic browser testing
- Check out the integration of real 2000+ browsers and OS
- The issuance of the same test texts was used using the GraddaTest Selenium Grid.
- An automatic screen test in 25 combinations at a time
Firstly, It is a powerful and easy-to-use test tool to use SmartBear. It can perform automated tests on desktop, mobile, and web applications.
Thirdly, with recording and retrieving tools and a robust detection engine, you can also create default web scripts without writing even a single line of code.
Selenium is an open-source tool for web automation. It is currently the most popular and widely used tool in the market. It can be automated on most Operating systems (OS) such as Windows, Mac, and Linux with browsers such as Firefox, Channel, IE, and headless browsers.
4. HP UFT (QTP)
HP UFT stands for HP Unified Functional Test leads a cross-platform automation web UI testing tool. It can develop Web, Desktop, SAP, Delphi, Net, ActiveX, Flex, Java, Oracle, Mobile, PeopleSoft, PowerBuilder, Siebel, Stingray, Visual Basic among other apps.
Certainly, Unified Functional Test FT uses VBScript as the writing language.
Besides, this tool is closely integrated with HP ALM (Test Management Tool) and HP LoadRunner (Performance Test Tool)
Moreover, some of the distinctive characteristics of UFT include Business Processing Testing, Keyword draft, XML support, dynamic test sites, test results
Features and functionality:
- HP UFT saves the expected result in the form of a screen or GUI object and compares it to a timeline or object
- It performs tests from archives
- HP UFT gives entry test results
- It also sends a test summary to management tools
- It shows the availability of data files used as test data
- Normal web-based functionality and default functionality
Web API Test Tools
Tricentis offers a Continuous Testing platform that speeds up testing to be compatible with Agile and DevOps. Some main qualities are described here of Tricentis Tosca’s API testing are given here such as
Most importantly, Tricentis supports various processes that include HTTP (s) JMS, AMQP, Rabbit MQ, TIBCO EMS, SOAP, REST, IBM MQ, NET TCP
Tricentis integrates with Agile and DevOps Cycle. Besides, It uses some of the model-based testing tools that make script maintenance easier.
Moreover, It also enables end-to-end testing as API testing can be used on mobile, shortcut browser, integrated applications, etc.
Tricentis’ have 400+ customers. These include international brands for example ExxonMobil, HBO, Whole Foods, Toyota, Allianz, BMW, Starbucks, Deutsche Bank, Lexmark, Orange, A&E, Vantiv, Vodafone, Telstra, and UBS.
2. SOAP UI
SOAP UI is the world’s most popular API testing tool. SoapUI allows its users to easily test REST and SOAP APIs – as they are designed specifically for API testing.
- It is good for Quick and Easy Creation
- SOAP UI has Powerful data execution: Upload data from Excel, files, and data to mimic how customers interact with your APIs
- It has a feature of Document Reuse: Re-use your test cases like upload test and security scanning with just a few clicks
- It also has Wireless Integration: Integrates with 13 API management platforms, supports REST, SOAP, JMS, and IoT
Moreover, thousands of internationally leading companies, including Apple, Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, HP, NASA, eBay, MasterCard, Intel, FedEx, and Pfizer use SoapUI NG Pro.
Web-based operations and functionalities need to be automated
As mentioned above, all web-based services and processes include active browsers, web-based communications, and data entry or extraction. For example typing credentials in the authentication form, dragging and dropping items on a web page, and uploading a file to a web application.
However, some tasks are more challenging than others to automate, which means it requires a few more settings to make the robot perform this function correctly.
For example, with LEAPWORK automation blocks, to find something on a web page, you just need a simple “Get Web Webment” block, but to ensure ‘endless continuation’ on a web page you need to make a small setup on the same block and customize the strategy by deleting different directions in the object taken hence making the selection methods are common.
However, you can still instruct the LEAPWORK robot to make even this slightly complex model without writing a single line of code.
You can also watch the video for a better understanding of Web Automation Tools
In conclusion, web automation allows software robots to perform actions, tasks, and processes in a web browser or web application. You can use various tools for the web automation process. A huge variety of tools help in various web testing.
For example, LambdaTest, TestComplet, Selenium, HP UFT (aka QTP), etc. Some of the Web API Test Tools are Tricentis, SOAP UI etc. Firstly, these tools make your work easier. Secondly, these tools increase the quality of your work. And thirdly, save your time resource. Moreover, such tools multiply the overall efficiency and effectiveness of your work.